Saturday, September 08, 2012

Easy, Healthy and Yummy Vegetables

A few years I picked up some pretty bake and serve pie pans, not that I ever bake pies.  They are usually used to make all sorts of baked vegetable dishes.  I like using them, because I think they look nice on the table.


Sorry, I only have pictures from before baking them.  I made these Friday afternoon and didn't take them out of the oven until the meal, and then I couldn't photograph how they looked.

One has three orange vegetables, carrots, sweet potatoes and pumpkin with grated ginger root and a bit of oil.  The oil is important, because Vitamin A and the other vitamins in orange vegetables are absorbed via fats/oils

In the other pie dish I put an eggplant, which I opened by slicing twice as you can see.  Inside I placed some onion and garlic.  And I also poured a bit of oil.

They were both easy to prepare, bake in a hot oven and serve.

6 comments:

Yosefa said...

Last week I did 3 orange veggies with curry. The eggplant is really cool. I'll have to try that.

Batya said...

Yosefa, the eggplant is so easy to do and can look very impressive.

Miriam Kresh said...

Nice idea, the sliced eggplant stuffed with onions & garlic. I'm on an eggplant roll myself just now - I'd like to try that.

Batya said...

Miriam, simple and just perfect when the prices are still low.

Michelle said...

Love the addition of the ginger to the orange veggies! Great digestive aid!!

Batya said...

Michelle, I keep the ginger in the freezer and just grate it into whatever.