Saturday, January 12, 2013

...That Was Easy...

The title's a "spoiler;" sorry.

This morning, when I chose my earrings, I had a feeling that it may be a dumb move to wear the pair I wanted, because they sometimes open.  And winter with scarves, high collars and all make opening  even more possible.  But, I just wanted them.  I like the color with the sweater and tichel I had chosen.

Of course, you guessed it.  After going to shul, (synagogue,) being at kiddush (post-prayer nosh,) walking to the yeshiva for another kiddush, then walking half  a kilometer to a neighbor for lunch, I took off my coat and scarf and suddenly noticed... yes, one of the earrings was gone.

So, I shook out my scarf and coat and jacket and tried to discretely feel inside my sweater to see if it had somehow gotten caught "close to home."  Zero, nothing.  Oh, well.

My hostess was concerned, but I now believe that we must never get too hysterical about things like that.
Kapporah!

Yes, if it's lost, it should be instead of a life or health or something really important.

But I anyhow planned to send a "Lost, maybe you've seen" notice to our local email list with a picture.

And then later on after walking home, checking the to see if my wayward earring was waiting on the way... A while after arriving home I felt something sort of sharp sticking into me in my sweater.  Yes, you guessed... the earring.

Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Danielle Lee said...

That was lucky!

Batya said...

It's all G-d, Danielle, really

Leah, Maaleh Adumim said...

the best way to find a needle in a haystack.... (sit down on the haystack.... :)

glad you found your earring

Batya said...

Leah, amazing, but that happens a lot, B"H