Saturday, March 02, 2013

A Heavenly Walk

Thursday night I was talking to a former walking partner.  There had been a time when we walked together almost daily, but for a large variety of reasons we hadn't walked together for months if not a year or more.  I missed the company.  It's never as much fun to walk alone.  I hate tuning out by listening to classes or music.  I like to make talking a negative calorie social event.  I feel the same about exercise.  I'd love it if a friend would come over to exercise with me.  I used to an exercise teacher.  I taught "aerobics" before it was branded with the name.

So, we made a date to walk the next morning.  Considering that it's post-Purim the season when wild flowers are beginning to reach their peak of beauty, there was only one location I wanted to stroll.  That's the road between my Shiloh neighborhood and nearby Shvut Rachel.  Shvut Rachel is a heavenly walk to the east.

Here are some of the photos I took:



 
 





It was a treat to see the caravans which are across the road from my house from a very different perspective.







8 comments:

Netivotgirl said...

Beautiful photos!! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see for myself, Be'H!!

Batya said...

You'll have to stay longer than just an afternoon, or come more than once, since Tel Shiloh is in the other direction.

Miriam said...

Shavua Tov Batya..

Looking forward to our next f2f in Shilo...

Great pictures.

Miriam

Batya said...

thanks, Miriam, can't wait to f2f

Yocheved Golani said...

I want to scoop up the flowers, breathe the lovely scent in the air and just sigh as I take it all in with my eyes.

Batya said...

Yocheved, no scooping. They are protected, but you can breathe in their scent and beauty.

Rickismom said...

nice places to walk are a gift. I have the Yarkon park, although not on shabbas.....
Its always fun when walking in the city to find a little green here and there

Batya said...

RM, I'm in the country. Wish we could take a walk together.