Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Kvetch, Trying to Make Exercise Fun

Yes, I'm a kvetch, sorry.

As I wrote yesterday, the pool is now closed. It was so much fun going three or four times a week for an exercise session in the pool. No I don't "swim." I love to dance, my true calling, and I have my based on dance routines for the water. And of course I can chat with friends while exercising there in the pool which is conveniently across the street from my house.

But without the pool being full and open, I'm stuck.

Sometimes I just went for a 15 minute session. It's worth it when you pay season membership and live close-by.

But now it's closed.

Last night I took my earphones and "device" and took a short walk. I didn't want to wait until it wasn't a pool day. I wanted that transition to be immediate. But it's not quite the same to walk around with earphones when the sun isn't high in the sky. It's hard to force myself out even for just one circuit. I can't do it when the sun is too strong or when it's raining. And walking doesn't do the same for my body as the stretches, twists and turns in the pool, sigh...

Sorry for kvetching so publicly...


No comments: