Wednesday, November 05, 2014

It Rained So Hard That...

When I went out the other day for a couple of errands and to help a neighbor, I didn't think it would rain much. It wasn't raining when I left the house, but by the time I left errand number one, it was raining. Considering that it was a short distance to my next stop, I mentioned to a friend that "this rain should be a blessing." She agreed and then we both went out together.

Complaining about the rain seemed pretty pathetic, considering that the neighbor I was talking to is a bereaved mother, and getting wet is "small potatoes" compared to what she has been through. 


After that next errand, the rain hadn't stopped, but I didn't have much time, and there was some blue peaking out between the clouds, so I told everyone, that the rain will stop soon. Oops! Was I wrong!


It Rained So Hard That...
...when I got to my friend's house, just a few minutes later, she had to give me an entire change of clothes I had gotten so wet!

This rain should just be a blessing. Last year we didn't have enough rainfall, and that includes the great snowstorm.

No comments: